Monday, February 13, 2012

The Pony Cape

Truffles' pony cape was something I made her so I could practice cinching saddles. It's soft and padded, and has pockets to carry things. It's held in place by a breast collar made from a Draft halter! It also looks super cute (but it's not hard when you have a good model). Not to mention it helps me estimate her girth.

It's also useful when she's on the line. If she cuts corners I can tap the cape to signal her out, instead of hitting her as I was told to do before. She responds much better to the cues with her cape one. She's a super pony either way, though.

And no, under no circumstances would I ever trust the pony cape to do anything but sit on her back. It's not meant for riding or anything else! It's there to be cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment